Before Your First Appointment
At Brittany Park Therapists, it is our goal to provide the best care with the least amount of stress. For this reason, we suggest the following: if you plan to use your insurance to assist with the cost of counseling, please call your insurance company to request the following information. Mental health benefits often vary from your regular medical benefit.
- Is prior authorization necessary for outpatient mental health services? If so, obtain the authorization number and effective date.
- If you are utilizing Employee Assistance Program (EAP) benefits, please advise the receptionist at the time of scheduling your appointment. Having the EAP name, authorization number, and number of visits allowed by your EAP will facilitate your visits to our practice.
- Is coverage limited to specific providers (our therapists are in network providers for most major insurance companies)? Note that some insurance companies cover both in and out of network providers at slightly different rates.
- Does your coverage require a deductible? If so, ask for that full amount and determine how much has been met to date. Any deductible NOT met will be your responsibility to pay at the time of service.
- How much will the co-payment for each office visit be? This can be a set amount or a percentage.
- How many visits per year does your plan allow?
Be sure to bring your insurance card with you on your first appointment.
If you will be paying for services yourself (no insurance filing), ask the receptionist what the fees will be for the first clinical evaluation and sessions thereafter when scheduling. All therapists accept major credit cards.
You can also make your first appointment easier by printing out the paperwork provided on this website and bringing it with you. Print and complete all the forms on the right before your first visit if you are using insurance benefits. Complete only the Information Form, Consent to Treat, and the Notice of Privacy Practices if you are paying yourself or are using your EAP benefits.
Alternatively, plan to arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled appointment to complete paperwork and not delay your visit.